Friday 2 November 2012

Putting chattering teeth down a man's Speedos

In the past few days I've been rehearsing for this production re-make of 'Are You Being Served?' with the first of three nights being last night. Surprisingly, it went better than expected. However there is a certain part of which I have to put a pair of chattering teeth down a model's Speedos. (Baring in mind this was a plastic model. If he was real I think I may have turned up to the wrong show). The key that made the chattering teeth move dropped out onto the stage floor. So Mr Rumbold in theory would have noticed something was behind my back, still, the show must go on. We had laughs all the way through it, which was what we were stressing about. But all in all a very good first night.

Another thing, a few nights ago it was of course Haloween! (and no, I wasn't the bloke who gave kids who were trick-or-treating cocaine instead of sweets, I was the bloke who threw skittles a them and shouted 'taste the rainbow'). Another reason I very much disagree with the whole 'knocking on strangers doors asking for sweets' part of Haloween. However it's also a very good excuse to get drunk in the middle of the week. However at a party I was very pleased to go to, someone drunk so much alcohol in such a short space of time, he passed out and we had to phone the ambulance and paramedics. He's fine now, thank god, but I hope he knows his drinking limits for next time. I just don't want anyone reading this to make the same silly mistakes that he did. Please don't feel pressurised to drink loads, its definitely not cool. You can of course have a good time without alcohol, and save money too.

I'm quite glad I didn't drink too much that night because I did have the first night of 'Are You Being Served?' the night after. So turning up to the production still slightly drunk, I could've been doing more than putting chattering teeth down a plastic model's Speedos.

So, that's my last few days blogged. Tonight is the second night of the production which will hopefully house a lot more people than last night. I will be blogging about the second and last night as soon as I recover. I do hope you're all enjoying knowing all about what I've been up to. Until the next time...